Friday 18 October 2013

What to do?

So I've found myself in the role of a Kept Woman.  Yay? With my move to London, I am now faced with many changes in my life. However, two considerable changes stand out to me the most:

1) I am now living with a man. And he promises to share in the responsibility of washing the dishes!! Real yay! I'm living with a very sweet, considerate, funny, serious, romantic, thoughtful man, who encourages me to be my best, who helps me to be my best and who inspires me to be my best (I find it very difficult to put into words all that he means to me; he evokes feelings I am dumbfounded to fully explain. Therefore, this is as gushy as I can get, but it is only a glimpse of the full scope of his awesomeness).

2) The second major change: I will not/cannot work.  I use will not/cannot because I am unsure if this will be more of a positive or negative. As a girl who has worked since the age of 15, the prospect of not bringing home my own sweet delicious, maple flavoured bacon scares me. My move to London does not come attached with the privilege to enter employment.  I will not lament further about this situation for it is a fact and cannot be unchanged, but this fact leads me to my biggest question mark: what will I do?

What can one do, with a substantial amount of free time, but little money to fund anything?

One friend suggested cooking, which is a hobby I already enjoy so I see that easily filling some of my days. Plus it will at least allow me to make sweet delicious, maple flavoured bacon.

Volunteering is also on this list.

Rowing has always interested me, but picking that up in the cold month of January might not lead to a life long commitment and may squash any desire to continue with the sport.

Writing a Harlequin novel. This came up as a joke and snowballed into a challenge I am now seriously considering of doing.

At the end of the day, knowing my habitual rituals I foresee a future drinking cans of coke and watching TV, but hopefully I can make this long stay vacation a productive one (cue my English Gentlemen inspiring me to be my best).  I'll keep you posted (unless I do just end up lying on a couch watching box sets. Then don't expect updates because a. that would be embarrassing and b. I would be too busy watching TV to blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment